Thursday, August 28, 2008

Something That Is Awesome - 8/28

This whole countdown to the premiere of Gossip Girl is pretty much a week dedicated to pure awesomeness, but I still feel compelled to do a separate Awesome Thing.

I’ve mentioned this in passing before, but The Ricky Gervais Show is freaking awesome.  I’m a big fan of the British incarnation of The Office, and Extras is pretty sweet, too (oh my God, I think the Kate Winslet episode has to warrant an entire Awesome Thing post sometime in the near future), so when I was perusing audio books on iTunes, I was thrilled to find compilations of a podcast that Gervais did a couple years back.

The Ricky Gervais Show features the inimitable Ricky, as well as Stephen Merchant, who co-created and wrote both TV shows and starred in Extras, as well as producer and remarkable buffoon Karl Pilkington.  Most of the podcasts feature readings from Pilkington’s diary, which is mind-blowing in its asshattery.

Here are a couple quotes:

“There was a really fat bloke on the plane.  He was playing on his PSP.  While I waited to go to the toilet I looked at what game he was playing—it was darts.  He’s that fat and lazy, he can’t even face playing a more active game on a games console.”

On a fellow vacationer: “One of them was in a wheelchair.  I don’t think it was wise of him to come to a volcanic island with a wheelchair.  Everywhere’s pretty rough-paved and slope-y.”

I don’t think I’m doing these justice in writing, but I’m dying laughing as I listen to them.  Ricky Gervais gets an A+ from me for pretty much everything he’s done.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home