Thursday, October 02, 2008

Something That Is Awesome - 10/2

Now, I don’t want to send my legions of loyal readers over to another blog, but I think Tomato Nation is awesome.  It just so happens that awesome blogger Sarah Bunting is running a contest to raise money for a buttload of worthy charities, and that’s pretty sweet, but it’s by no means the only positive aspect of the site.  Not by a long shot.

A few awesome attributes:

The blogger: Sarah Bunting (a.k.a. Sars) was one of the co-founders of TelevisionWithoutPity.com, née MightyBigTV.com.  TWOP was one of my absolute favorite things about the internets for a long time, offering witty, acerbic recaps of the best & worst that television had to offer.  It’s declined in quality over the past couple years, since its acquisition by Bravo and the departure of the founders, but I have very fond memories of the years of awesomeness it enjoyed.  And it provided the impetus that brought me over to Tomato Nation in the first place.

The Vine: Advice columns usually suck, but this one makes me smile every time.  Sars’ advice is blunt and no-nonsense, without ever veering into Dr. Phil or Dr. Laura assholery. 

The N.C. Double Scoop: An NCAA-bracket-style tournament to determine which ice cream flavor rules supreme, via reader voting.  I voted conscientiously round-by-round, and I am proud to say that my personal fave came out on top.  Mint chocolate chip is better than you, and now there’s proof.

This post about cats and a Roomba.  I’ve been dreaming about getting a Roomba ever since I read this (They’re almost $300 at the absolute cheapest!  Who the fuck knew?).

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

OMG. i wanted a roomba ever since i saw it on oprah's favorite things like 500 years ago!

1:07 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home