Thursday, September 18, 2008

Something That Is Awesome - 9/18

And thus ends my unannounced week-long hiatus.  I've been crazy-busy at work lately, and super-tired every night by the time I get home.  But I do have an awesome thing for this week.

Tonya Cooley.

Tonya, originally of The Real World: Chicago and more recently of seven (!) RW/RR challenges, is freaking awesome.  I might go back and rewatch the premiere of the latest challenge, The Island, to pick out some of her best individual moments, but I think there was one that set the tone; upon arriving, an unfortunately-bloated-looking Tonya made a big deal about how she's married now, she's turned her life around for the better, and she's looking forward to doing a challenge now to prove how stable she's become.

And then she spent her entire time on the island on the verge of tears.

I kind of feel bad, but the pathos is kind of deliriously funny.  Tonya was so concerned about proving to everybody that she can be a  normal, well-adjusted adult that she worked herself into a total panic.  Trying to be normal gave her a nervous breakdown.

Again, as a person I feel bad for her, but as a viewer, I couldn't get enough Tonya.  Ever, in my life.  I wish she hadn't been kicked off so quickly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home