Tuesday, November 17, 2009

What I Think About Gossip Girl. Again, Some More.

I missed a sizeable chunk of Gossip Girl last night, since my aunt called for a State of the Family sort of discussion, so I’m really going to keep this short.

That play looked effing dumb, and I don’t think it would have been any better if I’d seen it with the sound on. Was it about a gang of midget rappers who aspire to be the next
Fantanas?

Blair’s hovering near the right track. I don’t understand why she’s not attempting to transfer to Columbia or another Ivy, but if she’s sticking with NYU, she should be devoting her efforts to building a base of loyal gay followers who will gush over her fabulousness and proclaim her Queen of the Village. Providing Lady Gaga is a solid start.

So Serena’s complaining to Nate about how she's afraid she's about to get involved with a married man, as if that were something that could just happen to her. Here’s a tip, Serena: to stop that from happening—just fucking don’t do it! That reminds me of a great moment from Friends, when Ross & Rachel break up (the first time); he’s all, “It was an accident!” and Rachel amazingly shoots back, “What were you trying to put it in? Her purse?” I hope Aniston used that one on Brad.

(Also pretty fantastic: Phoebe’s response to the whole exchange: “Where did he put it?”)

Meanwhile, am I crazy, or is there pretty decent chemistry between Serena & Tripp? At least way more than she ever had with Dan "Too-Busy-Thinking-Important-Things-to-Be-Happy-Like-EVER" Humphrey. Anyone else up for making this his permanent nickname? Maybe it needs an additional clause about how judgmental he is to everyone, despite having slept with goddamn Georgina.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home