Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Wish Fulfillment

Something freaky is going on with the universe, because I am getting what I wish for all over the place. I already pointed out how one of my proposed Gossip Girl plots came to pass this week--and I just realized that I came pretty darn close to predicting the 2010 Oscars hosts. I was searching for an old email today and came across a GChat from just after last year's Oscars (Feb. 23, 2009). I quote my reaction:

me: hugh jackman did a fine job, but next year? i want fey & martin

Unfortunately, I did not entirely get my way, and Tina Fey won't be sharing hosting duties with Steve Martin (even though they presented together brilliantly last time). But I got it half-right, and in fact, I'd venture 75% right--since Fey's costar Alec Baldwin is going to be sharing the hosting duties. And most of the goodwill he's built up in the wake of the crazy voicemail to his daughter is a result of 30 Rock, where he says funny things that Tina Fey writes for him, so I'm claiming this as a victory.

Maybe I should try my hand at the lottery this week...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home